Welcome to Permian Plastics
We take pride in a “job well done” and see it as a reflection of us all.
We’ve been in business since 1994. We’re a stable, growing company and we’re looking for team members to grow with us. Permian offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an environment of growth and professional development.
Why Permian Plastics?
We’re not like most manufacturing facilities you may have seen or been in. Our climate – controlled, clean, state of the art facility incorporates fully automated production using 21 presses with capacity ranging from 40 – 500 tons.
Permian provides a wide range of products requiring precision molding for many household products, gardening, pet care, sporting goods, and more. You might be surprised at what you already have in your home that may have been made here!
We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding initiative, hard work, and innovation.
What our employees have to say:
” I love that Permian not only gives me the opportunity to learn the job, but offers the opportunity for financial growth.”
” I like that Permian’s benefits are affordable, and offer great coverage. That’s important for me and my family.”
” The job is easy but fast-paced. I know that I will be treated well and can count on the fact I will have a job tomorrow.”
” We’re really committed to quality. I like that I sometimes see our products outside of work and I can be proud of what we’ve made.”
Take a peek inside:
Our teams consist of Machine Operators, Material Handlers (Utility Technicians), Process Technicians, Quality Assurance Inspectors, Maintenance, Sales, and Exceptional Customer Service and support.
- Machine Operators Inspect, trim, assemble and package production parts, on one or more injection molding machines. Separate scrap parts, and prepare packaging supplies.
- Material Handler Calculate percentages to mix plastic pellets with color concentrate, additives and regrind. Setup, filling and cleaning of dryers and grinders.
- Process Technician / Set-Up Technician Experienced in injection molding. Performs mold setups and startup, while maintaining optimal processing parameters. Modify and document process changes, and ensures cycle times and scrap rates meet specifications.
- Quality Inspectors Inspects, identifies, measures and confirms all quality criteria for production parts; weighs & counts production. Maintains production on 4 molding machines during a shift, visually inspects parts, boxes, weighs and seals boxes according to Standard Operating Procedures, accurately & neatly completes paperwork.
- Shift Supervisor Experienced in injection molding. Supervises and trains shift personnel, ensures that production runs maximum output quality parts. Ability to demonstrate and apply an advanced level of plastic processing and leadership skills.
Not everyone can or wants to work the typical 8:00am – 5:00pm. So we have options!
- 1st Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
- 2nd Shift: Monday – Friday, 3:30 pm – 12:00 am (+ Shift Differential)
- 3rd Shift: Monday – Friday, 11:30 pm – 8:00 am (+ Shift Differential)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Sign on bonus! $400 or 2.5 days vacation at 90-days and $400 or 2.5 days vacation at 180-days
- Paid weekly
- 2 weeks vacation after 1 year. 3 weeks vacation after 7 years. 4 weeks vacation after 14 years
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Voluntary Life plans
- Company paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance Policies on all employees
- Retirement contributions can start at 60-days! Company matching begins at 1 year.
- Employee events, perks, and so much more…
Typically, a successful process moves from step 1 to step 5 in 2-3 days. Our applicants receive timely and transparent communication throughout our entire process.
- Resume Review
- Phone Interview
- Onsite or Virtual Interview
- Verbal Offer (Contingent upon a background check and drug screening)
- Official Welcome to our team!